Read this, seriously...

An open area for free-thinkers and believers to slug it out.

Read this, seriously...

Unread postby Seppe Cools » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:54 pm

No need for much text here, i'm just going to post the URL right away:
http://christwire.org/2010/03/richard-dawkins-atheists-attack-christwire/

:angel:
Last edited by Seppe Cools on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By creating unique stuff you are changing the future of the world forever, making your life worth lived.
Seppe Cools

Reputation point: 813

Re: Read this, seriously...

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:57 pm

HAHAHA Seppe you have moved countries? What was the point of offering a guess on ethnicity in that post? The lord does work in mysterious ways.......
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby dr210077 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:36 pm

Sunbeam, they needed to try to discredit Seppe and since they had no other way to do that, they attacked what they thought was his nationality. If only they had the brains to bless themselves, so to speak, they would realise that this kind of logical fallacy has a name, and that the average person can spot it a mile off. Perhaps the author of that article would like to back up his drivel by registering here and engaging Seppe, rather than posting insults which Seppe doesn't have the opportunity to rebuke fairly. I doubt such a person has the integrity, or intelligence, to survive debate here though.
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby willow » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:18 am

I realize the guy sounds like a nutter but any publicity is good publicity?
It seems you have taken umbridge with the opinions of one of our board members, and as such I would like to extend to you the opportunity to engage with us more directly through http://www.rationalskepticssociety.com we would appreciate your views on the matter.

We are a small board but appreciate the few theists who stop by to share there views with us.

We as a group of skeptics are of course skeptical of the idea that your prayers were in any way related to the decisions made by the site admins at RD.net but would be interested in hearing you explain how you brought this about.
dirty work... the right google key words...
-willow 07/22/09
willow
Chat Moderator
Chat Moderator

Reputation point: 932

Unread postby DarthRavanger » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:20 am

ahh... I'm getting an error... so... Can someone fill me in? It sounds like someone said something to seppe...or something.
According to robots, we taste like BACON! http://www.wired.com/table_of_malconten ... identifie/

The Throne of Heaven was built my man to serve as the pedestal for nothing.
DarthRavanger
Mod Group Leader
Mod Group Leader

Reputation point: 1912

Unread postby Seppe Cools » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:32 am

DarthRavanger wrote:ahh... I'm getting an error... so... Can someone fill me in? It sounds like someone said something to seppe...or something.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@supportwebsite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at christwire.org Port 80

---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------
---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------

rofl, again
Last edited by Seppe Cools on Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
By creating unique stuff you are changing the future of the world forever, making your life worth lived.
Seppe Cools

Reputation point: 813

Unread postby UnwantedSunbeam » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:44 am

Matthew 7:12 "Do to others what you would have them do to you"

Any one else love the irony?
One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know", Alice answered. "Then", said the cat, "It doesn't matter.”
UnwantedSunbeam

Reputation point: 1287

Unread postby HalloweenWeed » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:25 pm

You want me to read something? How about asking? :o A little "please" goes a long way...

As for my previous comment, I had a bad day. I guess I was a little grumpy.
Last edited by HalloweenWeed on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I had a bad day.
"Religion is just mind control." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization." - George Carlin
"If God existed, why would he care about any of the us fools contributing to the end of the earth as we know it?" - HalloweenWeed
HalloweenWeed

Reputation point: 1989

Unread postby dr210077 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:34 pm

HW the thread title isn't a command, it is written as though spoken. The article Seppe linked to is an article on christwire saying how evil atheists are attacking them after their "prayer offensive" on the Dawkins forum. The article is almost singularly about Seppe, and his post on the Rational Skeptics Society. Seppe's choice of thread title needs to be taken as it is meant, not as it may sound. :D
"If we go back to the beginnings of things, we shall always find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that imagination, rapture and deception embellished them; that weakness worships them; that custom spares them; and that tyranny favours them in order to profit from the blindness of men."

"What has been said of [God] is either unintelligible or perfectly contradictory; and for this reason must appear impossible to every man of common sense." ~ Paul-Henri baron d'Holbach
dr210077
Site Admin
Site Admin

Reputation point: 2145

Unread postby TheBlueFalconX » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:55 am

Epic Win for Seppe.
I guess it takes a firm belief in the invisible magician to properly sell a gun online. Who knew?-Shawna
RSS YouTube
>>An empyreal poem possessing resplendent beauty of divine descent birthed by essence is an arcanum.<<
TheBlueFalconX

Reputation point: 918

Next

Return to Rational Thought vs Irrational Beliefs